Thursday, October 16, 2008

This and That

Gosh, it is just always so busy with day in, day out stuff that I hardly get a chance to post an update. So.....here's what I can think of that has happened since I last posted (almost 2 months ago!).

Libby received her first "progress report" from school and she got all A's and S's. I think it is kinda crazy to give letter grades in the first grade, but whatever.

Our house had the stomach virus for a week and a half......total hell! It started with Caroline, then seemed like it was over when Caroline had a total relapse 4 days later. Then promptly 2 days after that, Sarah, Libby, and Chris came down with it. I was the only one to escape the yucky bug. I happened to be gone the night that Caroline had the relapse which is the reason I didn't get it. We had planned a little weekend getaway and I went up one day early to have some time alone (ahhhhhhh). Anyway, that is when Caroline got sick again and apparently everyone that was in the house that night caught it. Needless to say, the rest of our mini vacation was cancelled. Boo!

We took our house off the market....no one is buying right now and I need a break from the showings. It's just too hard with two toddlers and a 6 year old.

Let's see......my Dad moved into an Assisted Living residence and it is much nicer than where he was before. My mom needs to do the same but she is having none of it. She is living at home by herself now. I continue to worry about them every day. It is so hard trying to be a parent to your parents!

Sarah and Caroline are doing great. We spend as much time outside as possible right now. It takes the fussies away. So, they are either eating, sleeping, riding in the car to get Libby from school, or playing outside. Well, that's not all they are doing........there are lots of the usual thinigs, you know, diaper changes, tantrums over this and that, fights and bites, blah, blah blah. But the absolute cutest thing is they give kisses to us and each other now. It is so darn cute and I love it! I wish I had a picture, but i haven't caught it yet. Maybe video would be easier for that one.

Here are a few pics of our outside play!

See if you notice a pattern in these pictures......


Sarah has a smile.......Caroline has her mouth open


Smile


Mouth open


Smile (sort of)




Caroline's open mouth again!


Just something I noticed and thought was funny. :-) :-0

No comments: